The Early Risers | Breakfast Thieves | APW Bangsar

Nestled in the heart of KL City at Paper Plates, APW Bangsar lays Breakfast Thieves – a modern & hip café that will blow you away!
During weekends, it's sometimes overlooked in favour of a few more snoozes and a couple of extra minutes in my warm bed. But…but…but….my obsession with weekend breakfast is uncontrollable! Whenever there is a nice café or nice food, I will surely make sure I get up early. (You know I’m not a super morning person)
Breakfast Thieves opens at 9am and it gets super busy on weekends. To secure my “perfect- instagrammable” seat, I reached there at 8:50 a.m. and to my surprise there were already people lingering in the café and YESSS I got my SEAT!
Food here are fusion of various cuisines, from the sweet to the savoury that isn't boring breakfast food. They are quirky but consistently prepared well and delicious. The dishes you can’t go past are ‘The Breakfast Chain’(RM27++) – glass of maple yoghurt topped with homemade granola, bowl of honey coconut chia pudding, seasonal fruits with gula melaka coconut mousse and side of soft-boiled eggs with cheddar soldiers – This is not your typical soft-boiled eggs, its so much more!
And for the sweet tooth ‘My French Lady’ (RM26++) – french toast served with black sesame paste, cinnamon crisp kataifi wrapped banana, orange-lemon curd, berry compote and coconut mousse.
It was actually the kataifi wrapped banana that got my attention. I love pisang gorenggg! Unfortunately, one of the crisp banana wasn’t perfectly done. It was overcooked.I hope they can improve the quality by "QC" in the kitchen before serving next time.
Anyway, there's almost a whimsical nature in which each element plays together and will keep you full all day!
I adore cozy seat beside large windows to absorb oodles of morning light and the wood base interior steals my heart!
There are crowds on the weekend (especially when the sun is out) from about 9am, so make sure you get there early if you don't want to line up. APW is surely a favourite spot for Instagrammers. Don’t forget to “check-in” the floating stairs outside!
Would go out of my way to go there again for their lunch though as overall was really quite good. Besides Breakfast Thieves, there are also 6 other cafes and restaurants at APW Bangsar - Kaiju Company, PULP, AGAK AGAK, PROOF Pizza+Wine, Airstream Cafe and Case Study.
You can even find the coolest barber shop at 52 Barbers there if you need a haircut or beard trim.
It is weekend and you know where to fill your tummy!

APW Bangsar
29, Jln Riong Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 02-22823233
www.apw.my

Breakfast Thieves
Tues - Sun 9am-5pm
Closed on Monday
Tel: 03-27883548
www.facebook.com/breakfastthieveskl/

Comments

Popular Posts